[Fwd: Re: Needing advice on choosing a font]

Le Jeu 29 janvier 2009 11:32, Mathieu Bridon (bochecha) a écrit :

> On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 9:53 PM, Nicolas Mailhot
> <nicolas.mailhot@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> http://nowacki.strefa.pl/torunska-e.html
>>
>> It's on the wishlist BTW
>
> That's a really nice way to ask for me to package a new font ^_^
>
> If possible, I'd like to use one already existing in the repositories,
> but thanks for the suggestion in case I don't find one (it is indeed
> really nice)
>
> Any other idea ?

I don't think we currently have heavy serif fonts with an "old"
feeling in the distribution. Most serif fonts tend to be thin (except
for modern serif screen fonts, but they have a modern not oldish
design). You can try asking on the open font library mailing list,
some of the people there know their free/open fonts by heart, but they
are likely to suggest not-packaged fonts too :)

--
Nicolas Mailhot