Fwd: Introduction

Sorry, the message was sent only to Nicolas instead of the whole list.

Gmail is killing me -_-

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Mathieu Bridon (bochecha) <bochecha@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 11:51 AM
Subject: Re: Introduction
To: Nicolas Mailhot <nicolas.mailhot@xxxxxxxxxxx>

>> I found the Fonts SIG over the excellent fedora classroom session
>> provided by Nicolas and now want to help you
>
> Welcome on board. We have a mix of experienced and new packagers in
> the group, so don't hesitate to always ask for help there or on irc if
> you have questions. (if asking publicly is too intimidating you can
> always form a private cabal with other new packagers, it's sometimes
> easier to work with people at the same knowledge level).

And we even have some intermediate packagers who are totally ignorant
of how fonts work, but found themselves having to deal with fonts
packaging against their will (ok, maybe I'm a little exagerating :)

I don't have any problem with publicly asking for help, but I'd love
to join a "cabal" of new font packagers.

By the way, what was this IRC classroom about ? Did it deal with how
to package fonts and "what-is-this-fontconfig-I'm-hearing-about" ? If
yes, are the minutes available ? Is there another one planned ?

Regards,

Mathieu Bridon (bochecha)
French Fedora Ambassador