Re: Increasing point size of Meera font using fontconfig

On Fri, 2008-07-25 at 11:43 +0530, Pravin S wrote:

> where should i submit this patch
> 1) to fontconfig package? or
> 2) will it ok to copy it to /etc/conf.d through smc-fonts package?
> IMO second one is not right

We have many packages that do that, because isuing a fontconfig update
each time a maintainer wants to change a fontconfig rule for his font is
frankly not scalable. As a bonus that also means fontconfig does not
have to process rules for fonts not installed on the system. The whole
conf.d change was made to make this kind of use possible.

> 2008/7/24 Behdad Esfahbod :

> > I tested your snippet and it works perfectly.  It's actually a very nice
> > trick that should be documented!  I'm CC'ing fedora-fonts-list.

Thanks but really, it's a wiki you know. Anyway:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fontconfig_packaging_tips#Auto-scaling_problem_fonts

Regards,

--
Nicolas Mailhot