Re: Requesting Pre-Compiled and Tested Binaries for STM32 DISCOVERY

On 06/17/2013 03:51 PM, Przemek Klosowski wrote:
> On 06/17/2013 10:13 AM, Sagar Rathi wrote:
>
>> Can you please give pre-compiled tool-chain binaries for STM32 board in
>> fedora electronic spin
>
> By 'toolchain' I assume you mean the cross-compiler/linker, binary
> downloader/flasher and a debugger. THere's arm-none-eabi-gcc/binutils,
> and openOCD. The STMicro's toolchain is not open sourced so it can't be
> included in Fedora.

arm-none-eabi is not packaged in Fedora, and the arm-none-eabi from
gnu.org is very difficult to build and compile; However, there is an
alternative which is actively maintained by ARM:
https://launchpad.net/gcc-arm-embedded

If I can get at least four co-maintainers, I'm willing to package it.

>> Also i request that...
>> There must be a software in fedora spin for micro-controller through
>> which we can select our micro-controller model and than that software
>> automatically download and install the required tool-chain for it.
>> And this must be a single click for us.

And I want a software in fedora, where I can type the name of an idiot,
and then that software automatically transfers $1000 from the idiot's
account into mine. And it must be a single click.