[free-electronic-lab] Arduino in Fedora 17 - Cannot upload programs to Uno

Hi,

I can open the application and compile programs. But I am unable to
upload programs to my Uno board. The Tx Rx lights don't blink when I
click upload so I guess it's not communicating at all. I get the
following error in the IDE: avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not
responding.

When I installed arduino (I ran yum install arduino), I saw that the
dependencies got installed as well. Has anyone else faced this issue
and been able to fix it?

Thanks,
Ashwith J. Rego