[free-electronic-lab] How do I install then run FEL tools from EPEL?

How do I install then run FEL tools from EPEL?  I'm using RHEL 5.1.19.6.  As root I downloaded and installed packages "successfully" with the commands:

# rpm -Uvh http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/epel/5/i386/epel-release-5-3.noarch.rpm

and, for instance,

yum install alliance

What do I do next to run alliance (or other tools)?  I see all the man pages are gzipped, so I'm guessing and hoping there's some command that not only gunzips them but updates MANPATH and makes me (not root) the owner of the executables and makes them executable.

Or do I have to go write my own script or go through them one by one?

Thanks,
Bob P.