[fedora-electronic-lab] Piklab

Continuing to work on Piklab and Ktechlab, I have gone back to piklab
for now and discovered the following:
	1.  When you configure the toolchains, piklab looks in the exec path
for gpasm and gplib and apparently ignores the environment, because when
gputils installs the library manager and assembler are loaded in
the /usr/bin directory and found via path from the command line.
	2.  I added a symbolic link to the /usr/share/libexec/sdcc directory
(the search path for the executables used by piklab) to both gpasm and
gplib, they show up as:
	"gpsim" not recognized
	"gplib" not recognized

	But pressing the find button for gpasm shows a textbox with the
following in it:

	Command for executable detection:
/usr/libexec/sdcc/gpasm -v
Version string:

gpasm-0.13.7 beta

	Pressing the button for gplib shows:
Command for executable detection:
/usr/libexec/sdcc/gplib -v
Version string:

gplib-0.13.7 beta

	So thinking the beta deal is bad and probably causing the problem, I
did "yum info *gputils*" and got:

Installed Packages
Name       : gputils
Arch       : i686
Version    : 0.13.7
Release    : 2.fc12
Size       : 16 M
Repo       : installed
>From repo  : fedora
Summary    : Development utilities for Microchip (TM) PIC (TM)
microcontrollers
URL        : http://gputils.sourceforge.net
License    : GPLv2+
(TM) PIC
           : (TM) microcontrollers.
           :
           : This is ALPHA software: there may be serious bugs in it,
and it's
           : nowhere near complete.  gputils currently only implements a
subset
           : of the features available with Microchip's tools.  See the
           : documentation for an up-to-date list of what gputils can
do.

At this point, I believe there is a disconnect between the Piklab
software and the current state of gputils in the upstream.  Does anyone
have anything to add to this or any suggestions of where to go from
here?  Should I bugzilla this?

Regards,
Les H