Re: [fedora-electronic-lab] Ktechlab help access needs Kdebase

On Sun, Feb 21, 2010 at 12:10 AM, Les <hlhowell@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi, guys and gals,
>   Ktechlab of the FEL and 'Electronic Lab' rpm package requires the
> kdebase to get access to the help files.  I tried to submit a bug, but
> bugzilla.redhat.com and I are not speaking to each other well right now.
>
>        Anyway, when I attempted to run Ktechlab, I couldn't figure out what I
> needed to say to get some assembly code to work.  I tried to open the
> help files using the help application, but it said it needed
> khelpcenter.  Using yum whatprovides, I came up with KDE base.  I had
> loaded all the system updates (460 of them) and all of the 'Electronics
> Lab' on my system, but this was not loaded.  So I used yum to load:

Hello,
Actually, kde style help is kde related and not electronics related.

For _writing_ assembly code, all you would need would be a text editor.
For _simulating_ assembly code, you would need either piklab or
ktechlab which both use gpsim as a backend for simulation.

If you feel comfortable in assembly code, I would suggest to use your
experience instead of the KDE3 GUI. This is because unfortunately (the
fate of opensource applications of being obsolete) the migration from
Qt3 to QT4 has left many technical applications unmaintained, because
one should be a software centric guy to port those KDE3 apps.

Some other interesting items - gnusim8085 and mcu8051ide.

Chitlesh.
--
Chitlesh GOORAH
Fedora Electronic Lab