Re: [fedora-electronic-lab] gpsim and missing libraries

On Tue, Dec 29, 2009 at 10:03 AM, g <> wrote:
>> { after adding '/etc/profile.d/mypiklab.sh' and reboot }
>>
>> I already have /usr/libexec/sdcc in my PATH on Fedora 12.
>
> how did "/usr/libexec/sdcc" get in your "$PATH"?

Hello there,
The reason why Shakthi has /usr/libexec/sdcc in hjs PATH is certainly
because he has ktechlab installed while g doesn't have ktechlab
installed.

I have added /etc/profile.d/ktechlab.sh to set the sdcc path for
ktechlab.  If this is a "sdcc path" concern for piklab too, then the
best solution in terms of default PATH setting would be to :
 *  remove /etc/profile.d/ktechlab.sh from ktechlab
 * don't provide a /etc/profile.d/piklab.sh for piklab
 * provide a /etc/profile.d/sdcc.sh with sdcc directly.

But the issue here is rather to know why gpsim is giving character set
warnings. Can you please :
* create a _new_ user "test"
* login into that user
* post the output of
$ echo $PATH
* gpsim

Are you using gnome or kde ?

If you still have a problem then the fedora maintainer (who is gpsim's
upstream) of gpsim should have a look at it.

Chitlesh

--
Chitlesh GOORAH
Fedora Electronic Lab