Re: [fedora-electronic-lab] gpsim and missing libraries

Shakthi Kannan wrote:

> 1) there is a duplicating of "/usr/lib/alliance/man" in both "MANPATH"s
>
> Yes.
>
> $ echo $MANPATH

not relevant to problem. mentioned only because it is a problem with
'alliance' and a poster not using 'alliance' might comment regarding.

>  2) use of line break "\" insertion
>
> Sorry, where?

look at my post again and you will see it in gpsim's error listing i posted.
[probably not noticeable to you with your quoting.]

> { after adding '/etc/profile.d/mypiklab.sh' and reboot }
>
> I already have /usr/libexec/sdcc in my PATH on Fedora 12.

how did "/usr/libexec/sdcc" get in your "$PATH"?

> [root@argospappous ~]# uname -a
> Linux argospappous.ciee.lab 2.6.31.5-127.fc12.i686 #1 SMP \
>
> Same kernel here.

then you are 2 kernel updates behind.

> I didn't create this file.

how did "/usr/libexec/sdcc" get in your "$PATH"?

> I don't get these warnings when starting gpsim on gnome-terminal:

because you have "/usr/libexec/sdcc" in your "$PATH".

> Do you have a sample test input for gpsim, that I can use for testing?

not relevant to problem.

in addition;
 1) please use "compliant email quoting" in your replies. your non-compliant
   "|" and "\ ---" quoting makes for garbaged replies when eliminating long
   line wrapping.
 2) please reply only to list and not include my email address in replies.

thank you.

--

peace out.

tc,hago.