Re: HC(s)12 Microcontrollers

On Mon, Dec 8, 2008 at 3:55 PM, Chitlesh GOORAH <chitlesh@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 7, 2008 at 8:49 PM, Brennan Ashton
> <bashton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I would be interested in helping get support for the Freescale HC(s)12
>> microcontroller support into Fedora.  As part of this I see packaging
>> the gcc cross compiler (which I have done non officially), packaging
>> some of the programmer tools, doing some worth with Eclipse so you can
>> create a hcs12 project, and possibly doing some work with gdb support.
>>  Is there interest in this? There is a fare amount of work that needs
>> to be done to make this happen, and help would be appreciated.
>
> Hello Bashton,
>
> There is always an interest. If you think you have time to include
> those little by little into fedora, please do so. Packaging is very
> simple, and fedora's tool are straight forward but with strict
> packaging guidelines. Fear not, I am here to help you.
>
> Please do explain us how you plan to proceed, we will try to help you,
> at least I will.
> Chitlesh

Chitlesh,
I am aware of the packaging procedures, I have a few packages in the
works right now for other fedora projects.   I use the HC(s)12 a lot,
and I know that in the automotive industry it is also big which I
notice is one of your targets.  I am going to start off getting the
cross-compiler going.  I think I am going to have to start a project
to get the eclipse integration stuff done, on of the biggest things
that I have found turns people away from using eclipse even in windows
for this is the process of setting up the build tools, I hope to
automate this.   It will take a few months to get done I am sure, but
over Jan and Feb I should have the cross compiler and programmer tools
all packaged up.  If there is anyone else on the team that uses the
HC(s)12 it would be nice to have some testing help, as I only have one
BDM, and two different processors.

--Brennan Ashton