Re: Packages affected by RPM 4.9 filtering [was: News from rebuild]

On 07/22/2011 06:42 PM, Petr Sabata wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 22, 2011 at 06:27:07PM +0200, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
>> On 07/22/2011 03:56 PM, Petr Pisar wrote:
>>
>> Can we have some detailed documentation of "rpm 4.9's dependency
>> filtering and some detailed explanations of what we are supposed to do?
>>
>> So far, I am far from having understood what is going and could not be
>> further away from being impressed
>>
>> Ralf
>
> It looks ugly, doesn't it?

Yes, it hardly could look worse and (IMHO) hardly could be worse.

Provided we had been forced to change dependency filtering before F15
(Of course widely undocumented) and we now are being forced to change
things again (of course widely undocumented, once again), makes me have
doubts on how certain people are working.

Openly said, I'd strongly suggest these people to write detailed
documentation, converters or similar, ASAP, or RH's management should
feel advised to give these people better opportunities to make carrieres
_elsewhere_.

> I think this is the thing to look at...
> https://fedorahosted.org/fpc/ticket/76
 >
> Also check out already modified packages for inspiration.  You can use both old
> and new style filters in one spec file, they should not interfere, as far as I
> know.
Yes, elegance and ease of use is something very different than this.

Openly said, I feel, things are FUBAR'ed.

Ralf

--
Fedora Extras Perl SIG
http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/SIGs/Perl