Re: News from rebuild

Hello perl-sig,

because of lack of man-power in last weeks and closing F16 branching, perl
maintainers are going to drop the perl bootstrap process now and to revert to
old sequential rebuild.

We have just reintroduced perl(:MODULE_COMPAT_5.12*) and removed
perl_bootstrap macro. We will rebuild all not-yet rebuild perl packages
(including newly added packages) and then we will remove
perl(:MODULE_COMPAT_5.12*) again. Then we rebuild all packages whose spec file
use perl_bootstrap macro. Finally we will merge dist-f16-perl koji buildroot
into main dist-f16 build root.

We expect finishing this proces in time.

I will continue the Perl boot strap project in local environment in my free
time to gather all necessary changes to be prepared for Perl 5.16 rebuild next
year.

Because we moved dependency filtering (in perl_default_filter) from RPM 4.8
(filter_from_provides) to RPM 4.9 syntax (__provides_exclude), all 4.8 code in
current packages stoped to work. We will try to rewrite all such code, but we
would appreciate if owners of those packages tried to fix them on their own.
It would lower our work load significantly. For more datails on RPM 4.9
filtering syntax see <https://fedorahosted.org/fpc/ticket/76>.

-- Petr

Fedora Extras Perl SIG
http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/SIGs/Perl