Re: first reviews for "dual packages"

----- "Paul Howarth" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 16/03/10 16:33, Iain Arnell wrote:
> > On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 5:17 PM, Marcela
> Maslanova<mmaslano@xxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
> as
> >>
> >> Ok, but in this case we need for almost every provides a
> sub-package.
> >> Wouldn't be sufficient to check perl.spec and create sub-package
> after
> >> the separated module will be needed?
> >
> > That would also work, of course. But should be mentioned in the
> guidelines too.
>
> Wouldn't this approach mean that the main perl package needed to be
> updated whenever a new updated module was needed, which was one of the
>
> things this scheme was trying to avoid?
>
> Paul.
> --
> Fedora Extras Perl SIG
> http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/SIGs/Perl
So, test with Getopt::Long showed that there would be conflicting man-pages.

I don't think create sub-package for all modules is possible. Also this doesn't
help readability of specfile. These "smaller" modules can be updated once
a time in main package. People usually want updates only of those modules which
already have sub-package.

I'm not saying that's the best solution... Any other better ideas?