Re: Perl on Reddit

Sorry I don't have quotes but I was not subscribed to the list yet.

Looking at the dependency chain for perl-core, it brings in perl-devel
directly and as a prerequisite for modules such as perl-ExtUtils-MakeMaker
and perl-ExtUtils-Miniperl. Assuming perl-devel is what brings in the C
development toolchain that's undesired, would this be a possibility,
however distant (direction suggested by hobbs on IRC): remove the
perl-devel dependency from these modules, and have 'perl' then be able to
install everything else - the whole set of expected core modules?

Side tangent, but Perl 6 is its own future, it has only the same relevance
to the future of Perl 5 as Python and Ruby do.

-Dan