Re: [Fwd: Padre Plugins in downstream distributions]

Gabor Szabo wrote:
On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 9:05 AM, Marcela Maslanova <mmaslano@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Chris Weyl wrote:
On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 5:06 AM, Marcela Maslanova
<mmaslano@xxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

Chris Weyl wrote:

On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 11:02 PM, Gabor Szabo <szabgab@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 9:33 PM, Chris Weyl <cweyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

On Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 12:44 AM, Marcela Maslanova <
mmaslano@xxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Would be someone interested in packaging those mentioned plugins?
Also
if
someone is interested in {co-}maintainance of Padre I'll be happy.

Let's throw them up on the Wishlist page and sort through them
there...
Looks like there are deps on 16 dists not yet in Fedora:

[...]

This is awesome!

Thanks both Marcela and Chris and the rest of the Fedora Perl team.

Nothing's packaged yet ;)

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Perl_Wishlist#Task-Padre-Plugin-Deps

 Anyway we are stucked with updates of Padre because of
Wx::Perl::Dialog.
There is again problem with unsetting display for rpmbuild. I know that
earlier the problem was in different package and that was fixed.
If anyone has some experiences with this rpm error, please let me know
the
correct solution.
Error: Unable to initialize gtk, is DISPLAY set properly?
/var/tmp/rpm-tmp.bttX7K: line 29:  8857 Aborted /usr/bin/perl Makefile.PL
INSTALLDIRS=vendor
Regards,

I usually use some sort of conditional construct.:

%{?_with_display_tests: make test}

Then, since I have _with_display_tests set in my ~/.rpmmacros (or have
called rpmbuild with "--with display_tests"), the tests are run locally
but
not in the buildsys.

Ideally the tests themselves would note the lack of DISPLAY and skip
themselves, but... :-)

                                   -Chris

That's better solution then switch them off. Anyway the problem here is in
build time:
Executing(%build): /bin/sh -e /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.3ZKzZM
+ umask 022
+ cd /home/marca/Development/PERL/perl-Wx-Perl-Dialog/devel
+ cd Wx-Perl-Dialog-0.04
+ LANG=C
+ export LANG
+ unset DISPLAY
+ /usr/bin/perl Makefile.PL INSTALLDIRS=vendor
Checking if your kit is complete...
Looks good
Error: Unable to initialize gtk, is DISPLAY set properly?
/var/tmp/rpm-tmp.3ZKzZM: line 29:  7234 Aborted /usr/bin/perl Makefile.PL
INSTALLDIRS=vendor

IMHO this is bug in perl module, which shouldn't be setting display for
build.

--
Marcela Mašláňová
BaseOS team Brno

--
Fedora Extras Perl SIG
http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/SIGs/Perl

In the next release of Padre (0.28 to be released in a few days)
we package Wx::Perl::Dialog into the Padre distro and
it seems that works well even without DISPLAY as it skips
the relevant tests.

So don't worry about that package for now.

Gabor

--
Fedora Extras Perl SIG
http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/SIGs/Perl
Thank you. Padre-0.28 is running fine on rawhide. It will be in F-11. It looks grate.

--
Marcela Mašláňová
BaseOS team Brno