Re: OT: Perl and CPAN packagers of RedHat and CentOS?

Marcela and Pat thanks for the response,

so what shall I add as a contact info for people (CPAN authors, perl
porters or others)
who might want to contact the people taking care of perl in RHEL?
Shall I just list your names and tell people to use this mailing list
for RHEL as well?

Is there a publicly available place where I can fetch the list of packages in
the various versions of RedHat? (So I can build my little stat page
about which CPAN
module comes with each OS and version).

On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 2:48 PM, Patrice Dumas <pertusus@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 01:51:54PM +0200, Gabor Szabo wrote:
>  > Hi,
>

>  > I could not yet locate the groups that are packaging Perl and CPAN
>  > modules in RedHat and in CentOS.
>  >
>  > Is there anyone here who might be able to point me to the right direction?
>
>  For fedora there is a page (generated by Chris Weyl if I'm not wrong)
>  http://fedora.biggerontheinside.net/perl/
>
>  EPEL packages are based on fedora packages (and a subset of fedora
>  packages).
>
>  As Marcela said there is no dedicated team. The perl SIG and the
>  associated mailing list (you are posting to) exist but have no specific
>  role.
>
>  http://fedoraproject.org/wiki//SIGs/Perl
>
>  But there are many perl packagers not listed on the perl SIG page.

That's good to know though I guess still the best is to post on this list
as here is the largest group of perl package maintainers of Fedora.

Gabor

--
Fedora Extras Perl SIG
http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/SIGs/Perl