Re: replacing files owned by another package

Once upon a time, Tom 'spot' Callaway <tcallawa@xxxxxxxxxx> said:
> > However, I don't know how rpm would handle two different RPMs providing
> > the same 'perl(SomeModule)'.
>
> This latter point is the key one. It could potentially throw other perl
> packages for a loop when they rely on the modules provided by perl, but
> instead, find the newer modules.

Modules won't care what rpm thinks; they'll work just fine as long as
perl sees the updated modules (which it should just fine).

Depending on the module, the RPM provides may already be versioned, so
there may not even be an issue there.
--
Chris Adams <cmadams@xxxxxxxxxx>

[Index of Archives]     [Fedora Announce]     [Fedora Kernel]     [Fedora Testing]     [Fedora Legacy Announce]     [Fedora PHP Devel]     [Kernel Devel]     [Fedora Legacy]     [Fedora Maintainers]     [Fedora Desktop]     [PAM]     [Red Hat Development]     [Big List of Linux Books]     [Gimp]     [Yosemite Information]