Re: orphan or not apache-ivy ?

Let's try this again with the right package maintainer email aliases.

On Mon, Jul 19, 2021 at 8:36 AM Jerry James <loganjerry@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I picked up ant-contrib when it was orphaned recently because jmol
> wants it.  A little digging around shows that jmol uses it solely to
> support this construct:
>
> <for list="${all.Jmol.languages}" delimiter="," param="current.Jmol.language">
>   <sequential>
>     <!-- Do stuff with @{current.Jmol.language} -->
>   </sequential>
> </for>

That wasn't quite right.  There is some usage of ant-contrib's <if>
tag as well.  I've managed to come up with a patch for jmol's
build.xml to use only vanilla ant constructs and accomplish everything
the current version does.  It's quite ugly, so I'm not going to
suggest it to upstream.  But if ant-contrib is going to be broken by
the retirement of apache-ivy, I have an option to keep jmol alive.

> If that construct can be converted into vanilla ant somehow, I would
> be quite happy to drop ant-contrib into the laps of the eclipse-gef,
> forbidden-apis, and java-sleep maintainers. :-)

CCing the maintainers of the packages listed above.  Are any of you
interested in maintaining ant-contrib, and either removing its
dependency on apache-ivy, or adopting apache-ivy as well?
--
Jerry James
http://www.jamezone.org/