Re: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError

On 4/22/16 9:01 PM, Jim Bradbury wrote:
Hope someone who knows Java can help me out.
I just downloaded "kmttg" which is a Java based app for downloading TV programs from my TiVo Roamio.
I've had it working on Ubuntu 15.1 for about a week. Today I decided to upgrade to Ubuntu 16.4.
Now I get this error. I thought alright, I'll just run "kmttg" on my Fedora 23 box which has Oracle Java 8
running on it. When I try to run kmttg on Fedora 23, I get the same error that I get on Ubuntu 16.4.

Here's the output I get when I try to run kmttg from the directory that contains kmttg and kmttg.jar:

./kmttg
Exception: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError thrown from the UncaughtExceptionHandler in thread "main"
Shutdown hook executing

Exception: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError thrown from the UncaughtExceptionHandler in thread "Thread-0"

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
-= Jim =-
jbradbury4@xxxxxxxxx

Jim,

There weren't any more details about which class it wasn't able to locate? The error itself indicates that it's missing something critical to its operation. If it's not in the kmttg.jar itself then the application needs to be able to locate it on the classpath. Not knowing what it's looking for will complicate resolving the dependency. If I've got some time today I'll try to download the package to see what it does on my F23 laptop.

- rl4