Re: Help with packaging Vash

On 4 August 2015 at 19:49, Roland Grunberg <rgrunber@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I have had no experience at all with java or java packaging, but I am
>> trying to package Vash[0] in order to unbundle it from Winswitch[1].
>>
>> Unfortunately Vash doesn't ship with any kind of usable buildsystem
>> info. I've tried the dumb thing of running javac over each file in
>> turn, but that just spews errors. Any help would be very gratefully
>> received!
>
> It looks like the upstream build instructions specify importing the
> project into Eclipse and letting the IDE build it, which would work
> but probably isn't very ideal in terms of a headless build.
>
> Also the fact that the project has not seen any contributions in 4
> years seems a little concerning.

Yes, that does worry me too. I'll contact upstream winswitch and see
if they've considered other options (there's a python image hashing
library on pypi that I just noticed).

> I was able to built with something like this :
>
> $ mkdir bin
> $ javac -source 1.6 -target 1.6 -cp /usr/share/java/junit.jar -d bin $(find . -name "*.java")

Perfect, thanks! I was converging on something like that, but you've
beat me to it and saved me some work, thnk you :)

Cheers,
Jonathan