Re: Running the guava test suite on package build

On 06/18/2015 05:29 PM, Noa Resare wrote:
> Since the truth package landed in rawhide a few days ago now (and I have
> been busy moving cross Sweden) I thought it might be time to revisit the
> guava change. I have updated the
> https://github.com/nresare/fedora-guava/tree/testlib-tests branch with your
> feedback.

I've merged your commits. Thank you for contribution.

> Somewhat troubling, trying to create a koji scratch build (
> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=10133700) was really
> slow and now seem to have stalled indefinitely since a thread died
> in TreeMultisetTest with OutOfMemoryError. I guess the build server farm is
> somewhat overloaded at the moment, but it is unfortunate if unit tests die
> when low on memory.

You've most likely hit this because your build was picked up by armv7hl
builder. These builders are pretty slow compared to x86_64 ones.
Moreover, we don't have JIT enabled on this architecture, so everything
runs in interpreted mode. Package builds can be one to three orders of
magnitude slower on armv7hl compared to x86_64 and often fail due to
timeouts or OOM.

For scratch builds you can workaround this by using "--arch-override
x86_64" option. For "real" builds the only known workaround is
resubmitting the build until you get non-ARM builder.

--
Mikolaj Izdebski
Software Engineer, Red Hat