Re: Strange new build failures

On 04/16/2015 09:16 AM, Mat Booth wrote:
On 16 April 2015 at 07:49, Jiri Vanek <jvanek@xxxxxxxxxx <mailto:jvanek@xxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    On 04/16/2015 08:43 AM, Mikolaj Izdebski wrote:

        On 04/15/2015 08:01 PM, Omair Majid wrote:

            Yes. We removed a patch in Rawhide that was diverging from upstream. Now
            Fedora's OpenJDK 8 is more like upstream OpenJDK 8 and (proprietary)
            Oracle Java 8.

        This change broke quite many packages.

        I will workaround this in XMvn by forcing doclint to be skipped in
        executions of javadoc:aggregate MOJOs.

        Packages not built with Maven will have to be fixed manually by either
        adding -Xdoclint:none or skipping generating javadocs.

    Or fixing the javadocs in packages?

Unfortunately, the sheer number of javadoc fixes needed in Fedora and the very few resources we have
prohibits this approach.

430? Split it among 50 people and you are done :)
I think in closes surrounding you ill find at least 10.

(I for one, certainly don't have time to fix javadoc errors -- thanks Mikolaj for adding workaround
in xmvn.)

I would discourage from it. It is just another divergence from upstreams. But well. why not...

    The patch have been in rpms for pretty long time. I think it really is time to fix the packages...

    If you can, feel free to send me some reasonable amount of packages and I will help with fixing

This is probably a good place to start:
http://koschei.cloud.fedoraproject.org/groups/java?order_by=state%2Cname

I warn you it is no small task.

It need higher then small number of people to fix it.

    J.

Mat Booth
http://fedoraproject.org/get-fedora