Re: Maven upgrade to version 3.1.0

On 07/18/2013 02:24 AM, Aleksandar Kurtakov wrote:
> [...]

The actual packaging of eclipse-aether itself is easy. I have already
done this internally about two months ago in order to build
maven-dependency-tree and all the last maven plugins.

If you're worried about the list for here,
<http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/AetherClassNotFound>,
I don't think that most of these have an actual dependency on
eclipse-aether. I would just try to build these first, if you haven't
already.

These upgrades are not circular upstream and don't depend on
eclipse-aether. It's not as if eclipse-aether is an actual drop in
replacement for aether. I am not sure I follow you as to why you just
wait for upstream on this.

Anyway, after writing all this, I think I understand why you called it
circular if you are actually trying to get rid of sonatype at the same
time you do the upgrades.

>> This is fairly complicated process as there are circular package
>> dependencies because of which several packages need to be updated at the
>> same time.  I will ask release engineering to create a dedicated Koji
>> tag in order not to break rawhide during the process.

Certainly the new dependencies on tycho are other eclipse things are
absolutely awful. It's even more ironic that maven 3.1.0 has a
dependency on tycho when you have bug #985678 which claims that it does
not even work with it.

The components sisu-inject and sisu-plexus are really a pain and some
use the type eclipse-plugin, which requires what component exactly (i
can't recall right now)? I wonder if it can be switched back to jar and
still work.

One other thing to note: they can't seem to agree on which guice to use.
There are dependencies on both google-guice and sisu-guice from sonatype.