Re: [Fedora-packaging] Could and how we use jpackage repository to packaging?

Moving to java-devel ML since this is a java specific question.

Quoting Chen, Wei D (2013-04-12 11:01:50)
> Hi,
>
> Our project is working on package our source code to follow redhat package
> standard, we want the rpm package we built could be accepted by fedora
> repository.

Therefore all dependencies of your project have to be *in* Fedora
repositories...

> One critical issue we found is some dependent binary (such as
> jaxws-tools.jar, jaxws-rt.jar and streambuffer.jar) cannot find relevant rpm
> package from fedora18 repository.

Because as far as I know these are not packaged in Fedora. It would be better to
talk in terms of Maven groupId:artifactId to be sure though...

> Our source code cannot be built successfully
> without these binary, something weird is, we can find these jar binary from
> JPackage repository, and located in
> "glassfish-jaxws-repolib-2.1.3-8.jpp6.noarch.rpm" or "
> glassfish-jaxws-2.1.3-8.jpp6.noarch.rpm".

JPackage and Fedora are different projects. Those RPMs are not in Fedora repositories

> So, my question is can we use
> JPackage repository in our rpm building process? How to use? Does this violate
> package standard?

No you can't use JPackage repository during build of Fedora packages. Nor can
you use any other binary parts that were not build in Fedora buildsystem (koji).

> Why glassfish-jaxws related rpm package has been removed
> from fedora official repository?

They were never packaged for Fedora so they were not removed :-)

> Is there any substitute solution? Great
> thanks for any of your suggestion.

Yes, packaging glassfish-jaxws (or perhaps some other implementation) in Fedora.
I assume you will need to go through packager sponsorship process[1]

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Join_the_package_collection_maintainers

--
Stanislav Ochotnicky <sochotnicky@xxxxxxxxxx>
Software Engineer - Developer Experience

PGP: 7B087241