Re: About XMvn project

> > > Kudos for the cleanup in Maven itself - just one small addition -
> > > in
> > > it's current implementation it patches what's build with it
> > > heavily.
> > > While it doesn't matter for packaging work if you use maven for
> > > development it's big change and problem. Discussions how to
> > > resolve
> > > this are ongoing on another thread.
> >
> > That is simply not true. I would like to ask you to prove what you
> > are saying or refrain from spreading FUD.
>
> Doing development means being able to do mix and match till you find
> the reasons why something fails. To the state modifying system deps
> in order to try something new. Not being able to rely on parent pom
> change affecting every child pom makes it impossible to do so. So
> it's not FUD it's a real use case which doesn't matter for people
> trying to just build stuff in order to throw an rpm out but it makes
> it close to impossible for people trying to do development using
> Fedora provided packages.

First of all, XMvn doesn't patch anything during build. Can you prove
your statement by pointing to the exact place (source file, line number
etc.) in XMvn where this in your opinion happens?

Even if you consider installing effective POMs (and XMvn doesn't install
any POMs by itself) as "patching [upstream code] heavily" then I still
don't see why you are "Not being able to rely on parent pom change
affecting every child pom". I suggested *several* solutions to your
problem, none of which comment on. Can you elaborate why none of my
proposed solutions satisfies you?