Re: Fedora vs JPackage naming

On 02/17/2012 10:10 AM, David Walluck wrote:
On 02/17/2012 03:43 AM, Aleksandar Kurtakov wrote:
So the only solution that at least have chances to satisfy our needs is Ivy :).
The point is that something as simple as
%_javadir/<artifactId>-<version>.<extension>  probably satisfies 3 out of
4 requirements, and ivy also supports maven artifact patterns (really,
it is just another location, which could be a simple symlink).

So I would agree with you if supporting these crazy builds systems
requires a lot (or even a little) extra work.

But it seems to me that we get support for free (or at least as best we
can, by sticking to the simple flat dir and naming structure above).

I just would like to see maven artifacts 'properly' installed in /usr/share/maven/repository.
Then we can let upstream maven (and other tools) use that.

Carlo