Re: Looking for small .spec example for srpm that uses maven2

Excerpts from Deepak Bhole's message of Fri Sep 10 21:58:11 +0200 2010:
> * Edmon Begoli <ebegoli@xxxxxxxxx> [2010-09-10 15:49]:
> > I am learning to develop Java source packages for F13/14 that are using Maven 2.
> >
> > Is there an example of a .spec file that anyone could recommend as
> > well as the tutorial how
> > to develop a spec file for SRPM for small Java package that uses Maven 2?
> >
> > On %build step I am getting non-descriptive errors that may simple be
> > result of some
> > beginners error with Java+rpmbuild but I would like to get some good
> > learning example
> > and a tutorial so that I can continue make progress and contribute packages.
> >

> plexus-ant-factory is a good example of a simple rpm with a single
> jar/pom.

Actually I would rather suggest looking into either apache-commons-X
packages or some of the new maven-XX-plugin packages. They are
new, recently reviewed so should be following guidelines. Current
plexus-ant-factory has a lot of packaging guidelines violations
(including parent directories in %files, define instead of global
and that's just from first look)

> maven-scm is a good example of a complex rpm in that it is small
> and clean and installs many jars and poms.

I'd like to point out that while both packages use SCM as SOURCE,
it is always preferred to use source tarball. Problem is that a lot
of java projects don't provide them.

--
Stanislav Ochotnicky <sochotnicky@xxxxxxxxxx>

PGP: 71A1677C