Re: ideas for small student projects?

On 8 September 2010 15:02, Peter Liu <Peter.Liu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi, Java-Fedora developers.
>
> I'm new to this community. I teach Java programming at Seneca College,
> Toronto, Canada.
> I'm thinking of creating small student projects such that the students can
> get some tasks done
> for the Java-Fedora project. The students will have the knowledge of  Java
> packages, JUnit testing,
> Swing programming, RMI and JDBC. They also have C++ programming experience.
> Right now I only have a very vague idea - QA-related tasks.
> I will appreciate it very much if some of you can give me some pointers and
> advice.
> Thanks!
>
> Peter Liu.

I'm not sure that we do much Java programming at the Fedora project,
but several of us are involved in upstream projects, which is where
the real work is done. In Fedora itself we are mostly involved with
packaging. See the package maintainer's portal [1] and the (newly
formed) Java SIG [2] to see what your students can do to help.

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers
[2] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/Java

Regards,
Mat