[fedora-java] Re: jpackage.org and FC4

Robin Green wrote:
On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 17:54:24 +0200, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:

So you can develop and package an app, and (provided you've followed the
rules) people can change the implementation of your all your app
dependencies without needing to change your package.

Actually, no. Fedora's tomcat packages contain a native and a non-native
version. The native version only works with libgcj, which is not 100%
compatible with Sun's Java. That's an important caveat, I think.

I suspected as much.  I believe that this situation should be addressed,
if possible.

Ian Pilcher                                        i.pilcher@xxxxxxxxxxx