Re: [fedora-java] .jar and .so both loaded?

Hi,

Peter> Is it still possible to build a Java application into a standalone
Peter> executable, that does not require gij to run? Is there any guilde on how
Peter> to do that?

Note that it can be tricky to do this for large applications, like
Eclipse.  You end up having to modify the application to understand
how to treat gcj specially.  This is what we did in the Eclipse 2.x
days, but in 3.x they changed their class loaders and we didn't want
to repeat the hacking... hence the current approach, which is
invisible to the application.
Hasn't anyone tried to use Eclipse CDT infrastructure for this? It is based on GDB and GDB supports native Java debugging. So you'd use a mix of JDT and CDT plug-ins for developing native GCJ apps.

[]s, Fernando Lozano