Re: [fedora-java] [Patch] Improving gcj-dbtool performance

Andrew Haley wrote:

It should be just fine.  Try it.

When used as I describe, almost all of the time is spent reading the
jar files, not creating the maps.  There's nothing you can do about
the maps that will make the process any faster.
We can have gcj generate the signature for each bytecode class and put it into class metadata at compilation time. That way gcj-dbtool won't need the .jar's.

Bryce