Re: Help with docker images for NeuroFedora

> Hello,
>
> As part of NeuroFedora, we'd like to make docker images of commonly used
> tools available to the research community. This comes in very very handy
> when researchers try to replicate scientific results to validate them
> (which of course, is paramount).
>
> Unfortunately, none of our current core team are well versed with the
> technology. I've been trying to build a docker image for the nest
> package, for example, but I haven't quite managed yet[1]
>
> So, a few questions:
>
> - Are these wiki pages valid/up to date?
> * https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Container:Guidelines
> * https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Container:Review_Process

Yes , these are now maintained by the Container SIG if you have questions or trouble with it  you can open a ticket here
https://pagure.io/ContainerSIG/container-sig/issues or join #fedora-containers on freenode.

> - How does one search the registry webapp? It shows me "eog" right at
>   the top of the list, but when I type "eog" in the search box, I get no
>   results here.

Yes it seems that the search functionality is broken, we are planning to move to Quay.io soon, so I am not sure there will be much effort to fix it :(.

> - Lastly, is anyone here interested enough in Neuroscience to help us
>   with this? :)

So generally I think the people in the Container SIG, can help with answering technical questions and helping with the review process.

We also have a container category in the discourse instance (https://discussion.fedoraproject.org/c/containers), where I think you can ask for support :-)