Re: FYI: rawhide ostrees not building because of dep issues

On Wed, Jul 19, 2017 at 2:02 PM, Dusty Mabe <dusty@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> Can you help explain to me what I did wrong?
>>>
>>> AFAIK I found a problem and opened a bug against the correct component.
>>> I had no prior knowledge of ongoing efforts mainly because they weren't
>>> announced anywhere (at least I can't find it anywhere) and I looked at
>>> previous bugs against qemu before filing this one. Maybe one exists, but
>>> I wasn't looking for the right text?
>>
>> "dnf repoquery --whatprovides libxenctrl.so.4.8" told me the problem
>> package was xen, looking in koji [1] showed that it was upgraded a few
>> days ago, then the combination of qemu build failures since [2] (see
>> build -4 and associated changelog) coupled with the fact we'd not had
>> a compose in a few days provided the remainder of the info.
>>
>> [1] https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/packageinfo?packageID=7
>> [2] https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/packageinfo?packageID=3685
>>

> I agree maybe I could have done more, but I maintain that I didn't do anything
> incorrect. It would be great if we actually notified when there are issues with
> rawhide (or any compose really) so many different people don't have to investigate it.

You mean like the rawhide report? It listed the problems:
https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/thread/HCBMXIRWTSHZ5NQOU5NK4R5RFPG25VAW/

> Example. Oh crap compose X didn't build last night. I wonder what the problem is. Go
> to canonical location where discussion about compose X should happen and see if anyone
> added any notes there. Yes, I see dep issues around new version of xen and it's being
> worked on - great. Don't have to ask anyone or email anywhere.
>
> In Bodhi there is one place to go to look at discussion for a particular rpm (update)
> and if it is working or not. It would be great if we had something like this for pungi.

Yea, and rawhide doesn't have bodhi so reading the rawhide daily
report is a good spot to see what you'd expect to be broken that day
and a list of what changed and hence what might have caused the issue.
It's probably in your inbox most mornings by the time you sit down....
if it's not there's probably a problem....