Re: Announce: Fedora Layered Image Release

On Tue, May 9, 2017 at 7:22 AM, Jan Pazdziora <jpazdziora@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, May 08, 2017 at 01:59:36PM -0500, Adam Miller wrote:

>> > The current registry.fedoraproject.org/fedora:rawhide and
>> > registry.fedoraproject.org/fedora:27 image 202b880ac136 says it's
>> > 7 weeks old,

>> > Fedora 26 image is 4 months old.
>> >
>> > What are the plans for respining these images on regular basis?
>> > Especially the development "releases" tend to change quite heaving and
>> > if we do not want to encourage the use of
>> >
>> >         RUN dnf upgrade -y
>> >
>> > in every Dockerfile, we might want to make it easy for people to
>> > consume fresh content.
>> >
>> > Incidently, registry.fedoraproject.org/fedora:25 is rather new, just
>> > 13 days old.
>>
>> Yes, the current stable is planned to be respun on a two-week average.
>> The others as well but they aren't priority right now. There's an
>> automation process in the works and once that is done then all of
>> these will happen automatically.
>
> One problem with the current Fedora 26 image is that it enables
> rawhide repo and not the 26 development repo. So anybody using that
> image to build something which installs additional packages will get
> Fedora 27, not Fedora 26 packages installed.
>
> Could the registry.fedoraproject.org/fedora:26 be respun to point to
> the correct Fedora 26 package source?

Absolutely. I went to look into that today but the koji builder tasks
were having an issue for the last few weeks. It turns out that there
was a bug in oz (which is used in image builds in koji). This has been
fixed and we should be able to get updates out tomorrow.

-AdamM