Re: Proposal: Release blocking for F27

On 03/23/2017 11:55 AM, Peter Robinson wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 23, 2017 at 3:17 PM, Colin Walters <walters@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> To follow up, I think the "not release blocking sidecar" model didn't
>> really work for Fedora 25, because we had last minute bugs there,
>> and at least the Fedora websites team refused to link to Fedora 24
>> content.   (I can't find the discussion in a quick search).
>
> For the last two releases the atomic stuff has been broken and in both
> cases wasn't found until just before release and in most cases after
> the rest of the release had been declared go. While I realise this is
> historical it's not a good track record. For it to be release blocking
> there has to be constant attention and resources to ensure that things
> are tested constantly and breakage is detected quickly so it can be
> dealt with in a timely manner. It's a reasonable commitment from the
> team so this needs to be taken into account.

Peter, as I stated in my earlier reply, you are correct.

We've addressed this for f26 as we've been actively involved in getting
release artifacts in good shape and bugs identified and fixed since
f26 branched (we still have some work to do on rawhide, though). Please
come to me if you find any quality lacking and/or neglect of responsibilities
during the f26 release cycle.

Dusty