[atomic-wg] Issue #256 `atomic command changes: prefer file over label`

baude added a new comment to an issue you are following:
``
The https://github.com/projectatomic/ContainerApplicationGenericLabels definition of the HELP label for images is defined as "Command to run the help command of the image".  The way Atomic CLI help was designed was as follows:

* If a HELP label exists, execute the command in the label.
* If a HELP label does not exist, look for a /help.1 file and display it using groff.

Again, this is because the HELP label was defined to allow users to have an alternate way to display help including a simple cat of a file that says "For more information about this image go to   http://foobar/help";

That said, I think the general idea of allowing more types of help formats is a good thing and I would be very supportive of that.  The thing I object to in the proposal is where it is suggested that for images with very little help, they should put the help text in the label itself.  I don't like this use case because it is not in line with the label definition.  We could change the label definition as one thought.  Or we could use a label like HELP_TEXT or HELP_SHORT for that use case.
``

To reply, visit the link below or just reply to this email
https://pagure.io/atomic-wg/issue/256