Re: 2017-02-08 Atomic WG Meeting Minutes

On 8 February 2017 at 18:07, Trishna Guha <trishnaguha17@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Full Log: https://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting-1/2017-02-08/fedora_atomic_wg.2017-02-08-17.00.log.html
>
> ===================================
> #fedora-meeting-1: fedora_atomic_wg
> ===================================
>

> Meeting started by trishnag at 17:00:25 UTC. The full logs are available
> at
> https://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting-1/2017-02-08/fedora_atomic_wg.2017-02-08-17.00.log.html
> .
>

> Meeting summary
> ---------------
> * Roll Call  (trishnag, 17:00:55)
>
> * Action items from last meeting  (trishnag, 17:05:05)
>   * LINK: http://www.projectatomic.io/docs/compose-your-own-tree/
>     (jbrooks, 17:06:26)
>   * LINK: https://github.com/projectatomic/docker-storage-setup/pull/181
>     (trishnag, 17:10:32)
>
> * Syncing released Fedora container images to Docker Hub
>   https://pagure.io/atomic-wg/issue/202  (trishnag, 17:23:23)
>
> * Planning for the first Atomic VFAD
>   https://pagure.io/atomic-wg/issue/201  (trishnag, 17:36:49)
>
> * Planning for interim container releases: To rebuild or not rebuild?
>   https://pagure.io/atomic-wg/issue/200  (trishnag, 17:41:34)
>
> * Future of Fedora Dockerfiles https://pagure.io/atomic-wg/issue/180
>   (trishnag, 17:50:36)
>   * LINK: https://hub.docker.com/u/fedora/?page=1   (dustymabe,
>     17:55:08)
>
> * Ship fedora-motd in F24 atomic image
>   https://pagure.io/atomic-wg/issue/160  (trishnag, 17:56:54)
>
> * design, deploy and document Fedora OpenShift Playground (FOSP)
>   https://pagure.io/atomic-wg/issue/153  (trishnag, 17:58:02)
>
> * Open Floor  (trishnag, 17:59:06)
>
> Meeting ended at 18:04:39 UTC.
>

> Action Items
> ------------
>

> Action Items, by person
> -----------------------
> * **UNASSIGNED**
>   * (none)
>

> People Present (lines said)
> ---------------------------
> * maxamillion (77)
> * trishnag (67)
> * dustymabe (49)
> * kushal (28)
> * jbrooks (27)
> * zodbot (17)
> * tflink (16)
> * roshi (13)
> * scollier (10)
> * dgilmore (9)
> * walters (9)
> * miabbott (4)
> * bowlofeggs (1)
> * rtnpro (1)
> * mattdm (1)

Hi guys

I've just noticed following up on these meeting notes that there is an
owncloud container in an official Fedora dockerhub repository.

The description claims owncloud 7.0.5 but that is very odd since it
was at 8.0 even before I took over maintenance of the package from
Adam.

https://apps.fedoraproject.org/packages/owncloud/builds/

As you may have seen earlier I just put in a Container Review Request
for a Fedora based owncloud container using the packages I maintain.

There's a number of issues of concern about the Dockerfile here:

https://hub.docker.com/r/fedora/owncloud/~/dockerfile/

Stuff like lack of VOLUME meaning likely data loss of users if they
don't pay attention on docker run, layering not ideal potentially
wasting space, no mysql/postgresql connectors and so on ...

Like all of us I care about the quality of Fedora and the packages I
maintain, and I'm concerned that if someone does use that their user
experience will be negatively impacted.

Can we get this pulled to prevent future pulls until we have an
owncloud container that has gone through the review process?

Cheers,

James