Fedora cloud image feedback

  Hello,

Today in another conversation[1], I received this feedback about
Fedora cloud images. Not sure if there is bug open for this,
if not, do I file one?

[1] https://pjps.wordpress.com/2015/12/15/fad-singapore-2015/

+-- On Tue, 15 Dec 2015, Deepak C Shetty wrote --+
| How about having Fedora images that can be used out-of-the-box ?
|
| For eg: if we go to getfedora.org today, we have AMI, cloud images,
| but to really use these, u either need a AWS account or need to have
| a local cloud/openstack setup, otherwise (most typically) people
| fire up a VM using the cloud image it gets stuck at the cloud-init
| stage (thats where most of excitement of usign fedora goes down),
| then after waiting for several minutes when the cloud-init times
| out, it gives a login shell, where nothing works (which is expected
| bcos you are supposed to use this with pre-injected ssh keys) and
| then the end user just gets frustrated that he did everything he
| could, came so close to using a bleedign edge fedora. but still
| can't get into it.
|
| How about giving good documentation around hacking cloud images
| (using virt-* tools) to enable ssh passwd auth, enabling root/user
| login, so that its easy for newcomers to embrace cloud images
|
| Alternative could be to provide out-of-the-box working fedora
| images, which anyone can use to boot using virt-manager,
| virt-* utils or qemu cmdline and be able to login as root or
| non-root with sudo access, also image comes with decent enough
| root disk free space, so that embracing/trying out (which is
| the first time experience) becomes memorable than frustrating
|
|  Thoughts ?

Thank you.

---  -P J P
http://feedmug.com