Re: openQA nightly testing of Cloud Atomic installer image

On Tue, Dec 8, 2015 at 11:22 PM, Adam Williamson
<adamwill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, 2015-12-08 at 11:26 -0700, Chris Murphy wrote:
>> On Mon, Dec 7, 2015 at 6:39 PM, Adam Williamson
>> <adamwill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> > Hi folks! For those who aren't aware, Fedora openQA is set up to test
>> > the Atomic installer image nightly - that's the image that uses
>> > anaconda to deploy a fixed Atomic host payload.
>>
>> It exists! I've been looking around for such a thing for a day and
>> only found old blog posts. It's really non-obvious how to find it in
>> koji. I can find lives. I can find other atomics. But somehow this one
>> is like the G train in Brooklyn (OK the G *eventually* does show
>> itself).
>
> It's not built by koji, which is why you can't find it there. It's an
> installer image, it's built by pungi, just like netinst and DVD images.
>
> fedfind can find it, though. ;) That's what fedfind does! It finds
> fed(ora)!

I think I'd be helpful if the releng dashboard listed this build along
with the other cloud images. I estimate my recall half-life for
fedfind is about 15 days. Does anyone else think it'd be useful to
have the nightly atomic installer ISO listed at
https://apps.fedoraproject.org/releng-dash/ ? Or maybe even an Atomic
specific section on the dashboard?

>> > https://openqa.fedoraproject.org/ , you should see a build like
>> > 'Build23_Postrelease_20151207' on the front page,
>>
>> OK I click on this, it shows the test, and that it failed. Any chance
>> of it eventually linking to the image it tested so that it's possible
>> to fall back to a manual test
>
> So, answer one: it actually does. The ISO tested is on the Logs &
> Assets page, down at the bottom, under Assets.

When I click on Postrelease_20151209, I end up here
https://openqa.fedoraproject.org/tests/overview?distri=fedora&version=23&build=23_Postrelease_20151209&groupid=1

There isn't anything down at the bottom, definitely no Logs & Assets
page. Same with the other listings on the man openqa page...
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_2Asp8DGjJ9cUpnY2ZuY0lIV2M

>>  More likely is if it passes all auto tests to have a link to
>> the image so a manual test can try to blow it up, right?
>
> Eh, my take is that we don't/shouldn't exactly design our manual test
> processes around openQA. This testing (of the post-release nightly
> cloud images) is kind of a bonus thing I rigged up just because
> maxamillion asked and it wasn't too difficult; the main point of openQA
> is to aid in pre-release testing, and of course we have a more
> developed test process there, where we have the regular 'nomination' of
> nightly composes for manual testing, with the wiki pages with download
> links and all the rest of it. We could certainly stand to draw up a
> proper process for manual testing of post-release images, if we're
> going to be releasing them officially, which apparently we are, but I'm
> not the guy who's been keeping up on that stuff so I don't want to leap
> in, I'm sure some folks already have ideas for doing that.

Gotcha. Thanks!

--
Chris Murphy