Re: Fedora Cloud Docs

I'm game to learn Sphinx and rST - I'm a heavy Markdown user already
and Eric Holscher's almost persuaded me rST is significantly better.
;-) What time zone are you in? I'm in US Pacific Daylight - UTC - 7
hours.

On Thu, Mar 19, 2015 at 2:29 AM, Kushal Das <kushaldas@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 18/03/15, Pete Travis wrote:
>> Hey cloud team,
>>
>> I think we need some cloud docs.  Fedora has a lot to offer in the cloud
>> area, and I'm sure that those engaged in the space are excited that
>> Fedora has what they are looking for.  The uninitiated, on the other
>> hand, are looking for what Fedora has, and we can do better to
>> demonstrate that.
>>
>> We have a cloud guide,
>> https://git.fedorahosted.org/cgit/docs/cloud-guide.git/ .  It covers
>> some basics, ie euca2ools, but never really made it out of draft state,
>> and your work has left it far behind.  We don't have anyone on the Docs
>> team fully engaged to track the cloud space, or anyone on the cloud team
>> engaged to maintain that guide.  Also, it's written in docbook, and a
>> lot of folks aren't into that.
>>
>> So, as I'm working on some tooling for a new Fedora Docs site, I'd like
>> to know what would get *you* into writing about Fedora Cloud.  In the
>> most direct sense, it's a question about markup and delivery, ie a
>> collection of markdown or reStructuredText files in a git repo.  In a
>> broad sense, anything along the lines of "I would write docs for using
>> Fedora Cloud, if..." would be great.
> Personally it will be easier if we start using Sphinx along with
> reStructruedText. Most of the documents I write[1] or manage[2] are in
> Sphinx using rst. It required I can provide IRC classroom trainings and
> other training material to get anyone into Sphinx within few hours.
>
> We can have a Fedora focused theme for Sphinx projects.
>
> [1] http://worknotes.rtfd.org
> [2] http://tunir.rtfd.org
> [3] http://pymbook.rtfd.org
>
> Kushal
> --
> Fedora Cloud Engineer
> CPython Core Developer
> Director @ Python Software Foundation
> http://kushaldas.in

OSJourno: Robust Power Tools for Digital Journalists
http://www.znmeb.mobi/stories/osjourno-robust-power-tools-for-digital-journalists

Remember, if you're traveling to Bactria, Hump Day is Tuesday and Thursday.