Re: Cloud Test Overview

Fair enough. Not sure about the Taskotron features (plan) but our harness already supports couple of things which are a must for the load we've been facing wr. images validation:
- parallel instances handling
- parallel test cases execution
- test case dependencies
- remote (bash) code execution (rpyc)
- expect-like test support (paramiko + bunch of handy methods)
- dry-run mode
- event-driven (gevent)
- capable of handling ~200 simultaneous connections from a single process
- custom testing modules support
- test case tags, stages, filters and applicability handling
- instance reboot handling
- plain YAML result files, easily to translate to e.g. xunit
- GPLd, GitHub-hosted, open-source
These give us a workhorse for which we're missing a fedimg listener atm.
Actually, we have to implement one anyway because of our release engineering adopting a process similar to fedmsg.

Sorry for the advertisement ;) but we're missing a community and should the community miss a harness, there's one worth of considering I think...

Cheers,
milan

On Fri, Oct 03, 2014 at 01:57:43PM +0200, milanisko k wrote:
> Guys,
>
> are the Cloud Image news being published on the Fedmsg channels?
> I'd like to investigate integration of RedHatQE's  test runner and suite
> <https://github.com/RedHatQE/dva>.
>
> Thanks,
> milan

Milan,

Currently fedimg has some smoketests in it, but the plan for the future is to
decouple the tests from fedimg and move the testing to Taskotron. We're still
a ways out before that can happen, but it's the end goal we're looking to
accomplish.

--
// Mike