Re: Fedora @ Google Cloud

On Wed, Jun 18, 2014 at 3:49 PM, Dennis Gilmore <dennis@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The issue is we are trying to build one image to run in all clouds, so
> cloud provider specific tools are out. extend the functionality of
> cloud-init if you feel its useful. Ideally its something that can work
> in all providers.
>
> Dennis

Oh, a single image for all. That will be a hard one. Cloud-init
support would be, definitely, a must.

The thing is that GCE support plain vanilla images. The integration
with their API/Web front end is the only matter here. The image is
sure to work 100%. You could handle mounting and unmounting without
trouble with it. But, when it comes to integration with their API, ssh
key management and stuff, the image will not behave.

So, in a sense, the Google tools integrate it with thei
infrastructure. Providing a package with it should be enough for it to
be fully integrated. And, if we're able to detect that the image was
deployed in Google's infrastructure and install  the package, we'd be
really cool. If not, just have some docs here and there that tell you
to install them and reboot.

But, if we're to upload the images to them, we should provide them
fully functional and integrated.

That is my, probably not-so-humble, opinion.

--
It's hard to be free... but I love to struggle. Love isn't asked for;
it's just given. Respect isn't asked for; it's earned!

http://www.woralelandia.com/
http://www.introbella.com/