Re: PRD use cases

----- Original Message -----

In my opinion there really should be different images for the public cloud (and maybe even cloud-specific images) and private cloud. This is actually a whole other discussion that's gone on in the past, so this might not be the best place for the discussion about splitting out the images, though. My general take on it is that there are fundamental things (like enabling iptables by default) that need to happen on only on one "type" of cloud. The alternative to creating completely separate images is using cloud-init to alter what's running in the image at boot.

> Additional use cases:
> * Database application
> * mail server (yes, that's really old school), like smtp, imap,
> spamassassin, etc.
> * is there a use case for virtual desktops?

+1 to all of these use cases. There's another important one that I don't think we've touched on yet, which is short-lived nodes used for data-processing as part of a pipeline. IMO we should put particular focus on that type of workload because Fedora is the first distro that has lots of pieces of the needed infrastructure for pipeline "big data" processing available in our repos.