Re: ZOMG WHAT ARE WE BUILDING?!

>> I know ubuntu is working on supporting ARM in openstack, I really think
>> we should as well. We should go big or go home. all of this change is
>> about making Fedora bigger and better. This is a avenue we should
>> pursue. while ppc is a secondary arch we need to also consider it.
>> there is a lot of work inside of IBM on KVM and openstack.
>
> AFAIK, the work was limited to supporting libvirt LXC on ARM
> with OpenStack. No one in their right mind should use that since
> it offers no meaningful security, since there was no work done
> to make OpenStack request use of SELinux or AppArmour for LXC.

Linaro is actively working on libvirt ARM for Openstack it but from
some of their status reports the progress is slow.

> I've not seen any patches (upstream at least) to support KVM on
> ARM in OpenStack from any Ubuntu devs, or indeed from anyone at
> all.

Well Linaro is working on it, I get the feeling they're not at the
upstreaming point.

> We're still pretty early in terms of KVM support for ARM, so one
> of the bigger problems is anyone getting access to hardware to
> actually test it with. I expect that will change significantly
> over the next year, to the extent that KVM + ARM will be more
> easily consumable by devs, and thus I'd expect OpenStack to have
> support for KVM ARM at some point during this next year. If no
> one else submits the changes required, I'll likely try to do
> them myself.

I think this is something we should aim for soon but not now, it'll
become more relevant when aarch64 lands.

Peter