Re: Persistent URLs for Fedora Cloud images

On 07/11/2013 11:56 PM, Matthew Miller wrote:
On Thu, Jul 11, 2013 at 11:01:28PM -0400, Adam Young wrote:
     http://cloud.fedoraproject.org/fedora-19.x86_64.qcow2
     http://cloud.fedoraproject.org/fedora-19.i386.qcow2
     http://cloud.fedoraproject.org/fedora-latest.i386.qcow2
     http://cloud.fedoraproject.org/fedora-latest.x86_64.qcow2
Could we get some sort of organization and browsing around these?
RIght now, they are "magic URLS" that will likely disappear.  Much
better if we had them under /images and we could enumerate the list.
Why are they likely to disappear? Why would making the path longer make them
less likely to disappear?

Nah, just meant that we could keep the redirect on http://cloud.fedoraproject.org/ and have http://cloud.fedoraproject.org/images be a simple list.

Can we put them in
http://cloud.fedoraproject.org/images/
And make that directory listable, even if they are going to be
ephemeral?  That way, we can go back there and check to see what is
current.
Or am I missing something?
Well, something -- there is no directory. This is a webserver list redirect to

http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/mirrorlist?path=pub/fedora/linux/releases/19/Images/x86_64/Fedora-x86_64-19-20130627-sda.qcow2&redirect=1

We could make a fake directory and populate it with dummy files, but I'm not
seeing much value in that.

If the idea is for a human-readable list, that's best found at
http://get.fedoraproject.org/, under the cloud section (which I hope to make
more prominent for F20.
That is probably closest to what I meant, a little image heavy, but sufficient.

I'm think in terms of being able to automate the upload of a set of images when they are generated to Glance instances. Thus, a page of links I can fetch via curl, parse, and then potentially download the individual images.

If you're looking for something meant for machine consuption, that's in the
works -- we're planning to start publishing a list in json format (probably
in the simplestreams json format a la Ubuntu).
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/FirstClassCloudImages/KojiPlan

But if you just want a short link which I promise will keep working, that's
these.