Eucalyptus

On Tue, Feb 02, 2010 at 10:46:58AM -0800, David Lutterkort wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-02-01 at 17:43 -0500, Greg DeKoenigsberg wrote:
> > Eucalyptus's participation in that vision
> > would obviously be welcome.  There's a separate development list for that:

> Yes, having somebody from Eucalyptus involved would be very welcome. The
> most basic thing that should be done there is to take dcloud's EC2
> driver and point it at a Eucalyptus instance, and see how far that goes.

Ok: I just subscribed to the list. We did give a quick try of deltacloud
and we noticed you use right_aws, so there shouldn't be any problem with
Eucalyptus (we did managed to see images and instances etc ..).

> If there are any differences between EC2 and Eucalyptus (e.g., API
> additions), we should figure out how to support them. And, of course,
> we'd love to have Eucalyptus involvement in shaping the course of the
> dcloud API.

Let me know how can I help here. Also, if you need a Eucalyptus cloud to
test the interaction let me know and I can try to get something for you.
At this stage we are a bit short or machines (all taken up for Q&A for
1.6.2)  but I should be able to do something.

cheers
graziano