Eucalyptus

On Mon, Feb 01, 2010 at 05:43:08PM -0500, Greg DeKoenigsberg wrote:
> 1. Get Eucalyptus packages into the main Fedora repos.  Mr. Miller, if you
> guys are using Eucalyptus at Hahvahd, maybe you could step right into this
> lurch and see if the extant Fedora packages can be cleaned up and slipped
> into Fedora in time for F13?  If not, is there anyone else out there who
> wants to step up?  You've got one of the founders of Eucalyptus coming to

I'm looking at this now. I'm not sure we can reasonably make the F13 cutoff
in a week, but even if we can't do that we should be able to hit rawhide at
least.

> 2. Build Eucalyptus drivers for Deltacloud.  The goal of the Deltacloud
> project is to unify, as much as possible, a set of open APIs for
> management of all cloud providers everywhere, everyplace, FOR ALL TIME.

We're definitely interested in this too, and may be able to provide
some development time/resources. Since Eucalyptus emulates the EC2 api, it
shouldn't be hard at all.

Probably still best to branch the driver into a Eucalyptus-specific version
for the sake of making sure that feature compatibility lines up -- thoughts
on that, anyone?

> In particular, once Eucalyptus packages are in Fedora proper, I think a
> whole lot more avenues start to open up.

Yes indeed!

--
Matthew Miller <mattdm at mattdm.org>
Computing & Information Technology