[fedora-arm] Re: U-Boot 2024.10 testing

Hey,

> Yes, the boot completed on the Banana Pi M64.
>
> This morning I tried upgrading my Orange Pi Zero Plus to the rc3 U-Boot, and before rebooting I added those options below. It booted successfully:

When you say "added the options below" you mean the debug ones I
provided? To clarify it boots fine with the debug options and doesn't
boot without them?

If that is the case can you try adding these 3 kernel command line
options "clk_ignore_unused pd_ignore_unused reg_ignore_unused"

Probably add all 3 to begin with and see if it boots, then if you have
time try combinations of the 3 to see if any particular one causes it
to stop booting.

> Then I reverted the kernel options back to their previous valuse and I haven't been able to get it to boot again.
>
> I think I have to simply consider this device as unreliable.

So depending on the above I suspect what is happening is that in older
versions of firmware (U-Boot and friends) there was something that was
turned on, likely by accident, that the kernel needs to boot but
U-Boot doesn't and when the kernel starts to boot what is expected to
be there isn't and hence the lack of boot.

> My Raspberry Pi and my Rock Pi E have always upgraded fine at the first attempt. No more Allwinner devices for me.

I suspect we're just a little unlucky here, overall I have found all
to have their pluses and their minuses, it all depends on uses cases.

Let me know how you get on with the above. I don't think the issue is
related to U-Boot, and the M64 is fine, so this update certainly makes
the overall Allwinner support in Fedora better so it would be great if
you can update the karma so we can get this into stable while we work
out where the problem lies with the Orange Pi Zero Plus.