F28 on odroid XU4

Dear all,

First of all I would like to thank all contributors for figuring out the
bits and pieces that make the F28 images bootable and functional on the
odroid XU4.

However, I noticed a couple of things after booting the F28 server image:
- network interface (r8152) is connected as USB2
- connecting USB3 devices seems to be hit or (mostly) miss, they are
detected by the xhci driver, but usually after they are already connected as
USB2
- it seems like only the 4 A7 cores are active and switching to the 4 A15
cores is not possible

Since I noticed the Hardkernel Ubuntu image does correctly detect USB3, the
issue could not be purely related to hardware design or bus power, so I
decided to recompile (then) F28 kernel 4.17.11-200 with some alternative
config settings, compiling in lots of USB related modules. In the end I got
to the point where USB3 devices and the Ethernet chip indeed are detected as
USB3, some more fiddling also enabled all 8 cores simultaneously.
Attached you find the kernel-local used to modify the config, which still
can use some cleaning up.

One point now remains, these adjustments require recompiling the kernel each
time an update is available, thus breaking an easy update path. Would there
be a way to achieve a similar result using initramfs and grub options?
Thanks in advance for your comments and feedback!

Best regards,

Vince